Hey folks--we're looking forward to a fun weekend of hiking up in Owen Sound!
SATURDAY, JULY 9th - Maps 31 & 32 of the Bruce Trail Guide
As discussed on some previous hikes, we are going to split Saturday's longer hike into a 'warm up' section first thing in the morning, followed by breakfast, then we will complete the balance of the hike. We have figured out a way to do this to minimize screwing around with shuttles.
7AM Meetup-- Yes, this is an early start. We'll do a 4.7 km section that is all roads (the route has changed recently, so it is shorter than the maps show), which should take 1-1.25 hrs.
1. We will meet at Clearview Crescent near Bothwell's Corner, which is the 75.8 km mark in the Bruce Trail guide (Map 31), Parking area S_022.(Map)
Note: Don't park on anybody's lawn--Denny, I'm looking at you
2. We will then shuttle to the roadside parking on Concession 10, S of Sideroad 15 (Parking S_025, Map 31, 80.7 mark), and hike back 4.7 km to the 75.8 km mark. (Map)
3. We will shuttle to the Harrison Park Inn for breakfast (http://www.harrisonparkinn.com/menu.php ) -- thanks for finding this, Aggie!
4. After breakfast, we will shuttle to parking area S_032 (Map 32, 97.7 mark), at 7th St W and 7th Av W in Owen Sound, and hike back to the cars at Con 10 (S_025) ~16.7 km
5. Shuttle back to Owen Sound roadside parking on 7th St and call it a day. Anyone with a good idea for dinner, feel free to suggest it!
Sunday 10 July 2016
8AM Meet up at S_035 Roadside Parking at East Linton Sdrd W & Sarawack-Keppel Townline, shown on Map 33, 115 km mark of the guide (Map)
Shuttle back to Continue S_032 (7th St W & Sth Av W)
17.8 km total hike distance (~5.5 to 6 hrs)
Last edited by cgundlack on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 3 times in total