Posted for Denny:
We regret having to cancel the planned hike for this Saturday due to the risk of severe thunderstorm activity. We are advised that it can be quite dangerous especially on the high ground of the trail, and there also is a risk of falling branches we are among the trees. Sorry about this but I think in general, we should plan to cancel or postpone hikes when severe weather is expected.
Please acknowledge receiving this email asap, as if I don't hear from you, I will have to try other means to ensure you get this message.
In order to make up the hike, I would like to suggest we consider October the 3rd. Given that our October Hike is on the 24th, we would have 3 weeks between the September hike and October 3rd, and 3 weeks till the 24th.